Hi Bjoern

> - map files
> - explicitly setting a compiler flag in the make file
> - XX_DLL_EXPORT/XX_DLL_IMPORT/XX_DLL_PRIVATE and friends
>
> However, using the XX_DLL_PRIVATE and friends should be "enough for
> everyone", right?

At least we'd need a makefile-clause for setting a default, /me thinks.

For instance, for libs exporting the usual three UNO entry points
component_*, I would like to have a "make everything private" directive,
plus a PUBLIC statement for the three functions.

For other libs, which mainly provide tools for client code, a "make
everything public" directive would be useful.

Which means that you'd still need 2 of the 3 mechanisms, and the only
thing you could spare are the map files. Not sure this would be worth
the effort.

Ciao
Frank
--