On 01/11/10 20:17, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Regarding POSIX: I already did bash-builds with the POSIXLY_CORRECT
environment variable - no problem at all. (so /bin/sh could be used as
a fallback, possibly with an appropriate configure-warning-message)

My understanding is that bash posix mode merely "chane[s] the behavior of bash where the default operation differs from the POSIX 1003.2 standard" [quoting from the man page], but does not forbid bash extensions (like <<< here strings, or <() process substitution).

-Stephan