I have a component that registers on the GlobalEventBroadcaster to
listen for new documents (OnCreate event) to do some processing on
every text document that is opened. Now I have the problem that
OpenOffice.org broadcasts these events even for internal documents
that it creates temporarily. For instance when I insert an AutoText,
OOo apparently creates a text document in the background and
broadcasts and OnCreate event for it. When doing a MailMerge it
creates lots of these background documents.

This creates all kinds of trouble. For instance these documents are
quickly disposed which causes DisposedExceptions in my component and
while my component catches these and can deal with the situation, OOo
becomes unstable and eventually crashes or freezes when this happens
too often during mail merge.

I think OOo should not even broadcast events for these documents. They
are implementation details subject to change. Components have no
business dealing with them.

But anyway, how do I ignore these documents? And how do I avoid the
race condition between me testing if this is an internal document that
I should ignore and the OOo internal code disposing the document
potentially before I had the chance to test it.

Matthias