On 30/03/2010 13:31, Terrence Enger wrote:
> ( I think, though, that I am giving up on trying to use a non-product
> build when I actually want to get work done <grin />. )

before resorting to such extreme measures as not using non-product builds,
try the debug dialog (Control-Shift-Alt-D).
it lets you change assertion reporting from a dialog box to output on
stderr (the option is called "shell"), or to a window.
you can also increase your level of annoyance by enabling "warnings" as
well  :)

regards,
 michael

--
"Although many software patents have unfortunately already been granted
 in the past, I hope that this practice will not continue in future.