Hello Terrence,

On Saturday 22 May 2010, 09:29, Terrence Enger wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 18:47 -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > On Friday 21 May 2010, 18:13, Terrence Enger wrote:
> > >                                                           I would
>
> like
>
> > > to run the quickstarter.
> >
> > see if this extensions helps:
> http://arielch.fedorapeople.org/devel/ooo/extensions/QuickStartFixer.oxt
>
> > Install it and then restart OOo.
>
> When I try to install the file, OO presents a dialog box saying "The
> extension 'QuickStart Fixer' does not work on this computer."  Do you
> have any suggestions for me?

I guess you're running on a 32 bits machine.
If so, it was my mistake (the extension description was for 64 bits only), so
please try again  now:
http://arielch.fedorapeople.org/devel/ooo/extensions/QuickStartFixer.oxt

I tested this on Ubuntu 10.4 32 bits and worked fine with Ubuntu's OOo.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina