On 5/27/10 4:40 PM, eric b wrote:
Le 26 mai 10 à 09:20, Juergen Schmidt a écrit :

Hi Eric,

Hi Jürgen,

it was indeed not easy to find, i used and modified the Url from an
existing archive. I don't know why the mailing lists under
....@openoffice.org are handled this way.

Anyway i assume you looked for the archive of the mailing list
interns...@openoffice.org

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=internship

Thanks.

I received a lot of private mails, form students, who asked me to mentor
them, about the subjects I proposed.

So, before to continue, I'd like to be sure I'm able to mentor one
student or not, because I read : ".. The Programme is open to
(student-)developers who can work full-time for a period of about 3
months on a project .." My problem is I got a day job, and I'm obviously
*not* able to work full-time helping student.
the same for all other mentors. The students should plan to work full time on the projects. We don't expect that the mentor will work also full time on the project. That won't be possible at all and is of course not intended. That means i see no problem with you as mentor. But it makes only sense if the mentor is committed to the projects and is able to mentor the students in an adequate manner.

We collect currently the applications via the application form and depending on this we will select possible candidates for further evaluation with the mentors. You can start to talk with the students to get some information already but i would suggest that you wait for the official go.

And since this is rule number one, I'd like someone confirms I have to
resign. Can someone confirm ? Thanks in advance.

But there are only 2 mails so far. This does not mean that there is no
interest, we have already 18 applications that we have started to
review. Mentors will be informed soon to get in contact with the
students and to work on the next steps ...

I'd prefer see everything public. e.g. discuss on IRC.
that is intended, the mailing list is public and IRC is also suggested as a communication channel on the wiki page.

But the selection process and other internal organization is done privately and with the mentors. Everything else should be public.

Juergen