Sorry, Rene, but it is hard for me to understand your reply.
Are you replying to my question?
It seems that what you quoted isn't from mine.

On 星期四, 六月 3, 2010 7:39 pm, Rene Engelhard wrote:

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 12:40:59PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> > ant -version
> Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/lib/tools.jar
> Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on March 5 2010
>
> > JAVA_HOME='/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun' ant -version
> Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on March 5 2010

yeah.

> so if ant is somehow unhappy it will print extra junk on stdout.
> the test in configure.in does not expect that.
> apparently JAVA_HOME is set up before the ant test in configure.in.

And so it should work, as we see above.. But we of course can make
it more safe...

> Rene, any idea how to prevent this?
> maybe a grep for "version" in the check would help?

Yeah, probably. And it also would make sense to move the "whether ant works"
before that check, as otherwise the check here fails with the same weird
symptom if ant itself fails (like with a bus error or whatever)

Gr��e/Regards,

Ren�