Hi all,

I am trying import pdf files to edit. I've installed the sun pdf import with
openoffice 3.1. Pdf files seem to open fine in draw when i open it from the
desktop.

However, when i use the loadComponentFromURL method, it opens the file with
writer and encoded text appears. I've also tried passing in "MediaType" in the
mediadescriptor with the value of "simpress8" but it doesn't work.

How can i programmatically force it to open with draw and return a XComponent
object?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Wei Min