On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Erik Minor <erik.mi...@oculus-inc.com> wrote:
> I tried to get Uno - Java working .. I encountered the most basic
> problem:  Could not get OpenOffice 2.0 and the corresponding SDK to run
> it in Eclipse.

Please try a more updated version with 3.2.1 and not 2.0, the bridge
might have been broken, 2.0 was launched almost 5 years ago.

> As I see it to get this out to users programmers must have an easy way
> to access the tools.. I can't even get it started!

I have tried NetBeans and OOo and is pretty easy, I did a demo with it
a couple of weeks ago.

> Recommendation: One Jar file to go!

Actually the bridge creates an extension with a .oxt file.

> Also.. 99% of your examples use VB Script.  Great.. problem is most
> programmers who are looking at OenOffice don't like Microsoft, their
> products, or their code (i.e. VBScript)

Is actually OOo Basic, not VBscript, OOo Basic is the language with
UNO framework and the scripting language. Only similarity with
vbscript is that both scripts are based on basic bu tthe API is
different.

> I am willing to help on the documentation front but you first must give
> me a simple Jar to start.

There are some sample oxt with java in it, also make sure to go to
codesnippets and the forum, both offer good examples.

--
Alexandro Col
OpenOffice.org Español