On 06/15/2010 02:55 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
On 14.06.2010 12:01, Caolán McNamara wrote:

A code replacement like this creates the question what shall be the goal:

- reduce memory footprint
- improve performance
- remove code duplication
- improve code quality

My primary interest is in code quality. I am sure you are aware of the few people with large documents that cause OOo to crash because of the limitation in array size. That said, if there is noticeable degradation in the memory footprint or performance then the other 99% of the users may be upset.

If you want to see first hand what happens, close all other documents, then load AndrewMacro.odt and then close it. Boom!

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm