On 06/24/10 13:52, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Re memory usage: BOOL[n] and bool[n] would each be n bytes in size, or what am I missing?

You're right, forget about that part.

Re mixed use with sal_Bool: haven't encountered this problem often over the last years (and I liberally use bool instead of sal_Bool/BOOL since ages) -- also, it might be better to try to adapt the mismatching uses of sal_Bool to bool, too, leaving usage of sal_Bool to the only place it belongs, C++ UNO.

If you write new code, you see what you're doing. In existing code, BOOL and sal_Bool are often used interchangeably. sal_Bool only belonging to UNO may be a good idea, but not reality. And I don't see an easy way to adapt existing code to that rule. If we change the typedef and then go through the list of compiler errors, we'll only end up with something like "sal_Bool bSalFoo(bFoo); process(bSalFoo); bFoo=bSalFoo;" and probably still break something that's found only years later.

Re the occasional "special" value: I guess one day we should bite the bullet and clean those up for good.

That might be a good thing anyway. But then it should be done separately, so the result can be compiled and tested immediately.

Niklas