Hi there,

currently (for many years) I have been deploying a scripting extension
using a ".jar" file, named "ScriptProviderForooRexx.jar" (adding the
ooRexx language to OOo, such that ooRexx scripts can be dispatched via
OOo as well).

Now, this weekend I wanted to change the filetype to ".oxt"
("ScriptProviderForooRexx.oxt") and adding a "description.xml" file with
a few bells and whistles (icon, description, version number).  At first
everything seemed to be working o.k., the extension manager was able to
install and remove the extension, displaying all what "description.xml"
contained.

However, the scripting engine does not get registered, it seems,
although nothing else got changed (just added "description.xml" and two
aubdirectories, "images" and "information", to contain files that are
referred to by "description.xml"). With other words, there is still a
"META-INF/MANIFEST.MF" (unedited as of yet), containing a
"RegistrationClassName":

    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    RegistrationClassName: com.sun.star.script.framework.provider.oorexx.S
     criptProviderForooRexx

It seems that the extension manager is either not handling this (or not
expecting an extension to the OOo scripting framework), at least not in
the way I had expected it to.

The "description.xml" file contains the following elements:

    description (root element)
    version
    identifier
    dependencies
    publisher
    release-notes
    display-name
    icon
    extension-description

Is there something I must also denote in the "description.xml" file to
cause the extension to be identified and registered as an extension to
the OOo scripting framerwork, or am I missing something obvious ?

[P.S.: Just renaming the extension back to '.jar' makes everything work
again, but I loose the "description.xml" stuff, which is a little bit
unfortunate.]

TIA,

---rony