On 06.09.2010 11:55, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 09/06/10 11:37, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>> After a fresh install of a German Ubuntu-desktop 10.4.1 and starting any
>> OOo module a popup error comes along informing one that OOo cannot
>> determine the user-interface language and then aborts.
>
> So that would be the OOo included in the Ubuntu distro, right?
Yes.
> Looks completely broken, esp. strange on "a fresh install."
Yes.

Before trying out OOo the first time on that new installation the
headless openjdk got installed (there was no Java installed at all),
then after learning that headless meant headless (ie. no awt support) I
downloaded the version that contained it, if that makes a difference.

> (That "UI language cannot be determined" message is somewhat of a red
> herring, it typically means that the OOo installation is so screwed up
> that starting it fails really early, trying to access the first UNO
> component, which happens to be configmgr.)
Ah, I see, thank you very much for your explanations!

Regards,

---rony