Hi Gregory, *,

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Gregory Brown <ggbr...@q.com> wrote:
> [...] Great.  I looked around and found something called a stamp number
> from roaming if that means anything. 5C8C378AD1397C685A285738E8C56329

Not sure what you mean with roaming and stamp number.

> I tried seeing if it was ASCII, it's not.  From what I remember it has the
> word Clarity in it but from there I'm stumped.  When I look at the code on
> some program, can't remember that one either, there's a lot of "PK" on the
> beginning and end like they are the start of words.

OpenDokument are Zip files that contain xml files. When saving with a
password, not the zip container is protected, but the individual xml
files.

The algorithm used is blowfish, which is considered secure. No attacks
apart from brute force known.

Even when you use the same password to save two otherwise identical
documents, the result will be different, as the actual key is
initialized with a randomly generated initialization sequence (that is
stored in the META-INF/manifest.xml file) - so trying to guess the
password by looking at a different document with a similar (but known)
password won't work either (won't work when the password was the same
either).

Only way to recover the document is trying every possible password
(thus performing a brute-force attack). Success rate then depends on
how much you still know from the password, how many different
passwords have to be tried.

ciao
Christian