I wish that if the api is running that it refresh what your working on or was
working on.  What a hassle to try to open a doc and have it tell me 'Api
already running'  and show nothing of the api or the doc!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jan private<mailto:jrheinlaen...@gmx.de>
  To: Mikhail Voytenko<mailto:mikhail.voyte...@oracle.com>
  Cc: dev<mailto:dev@openoffice.org>
  Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [dev] Instance of soffice.bin remains running after closing OOo

  Hello Mikhail,

  > please try to send ".uno::CloseWin" dispatch request to the frame of
  > the background.odt document to close the document as an experiment.

  I think you mean ".uno:CloseWin" dispatch request.

  I inserted this code:

  Reference<XDispatchHelper>

xDispatchHelper(mxMCF->createInstanceWithContext(OU("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper"),
 mxCC), UNO_QUERY_THROW);

  // xMaster has the XModel of background.odt
  Reference<XDispatchProvider>
  xDispatchProvider(xMaster->getCurrentController()->getFrame(),
  UNO_QUERY_THROW);

  xDispatchHelper->executeDispatch(xDispatchProvider, OU(".uno:CloseWin"),
  OU(""), 0, Sequence<PropertyValue>());

  The code is executed and I also checked that both References actually
  exist. This works if I load a new document instead of myDocument.odt
  (Untitled.odt). After closing Untitled.odt I get the generic Openoffice
  interface (which lets you choose to open a new Text Document,
  Spreadsheet, etc.) . After closing that, there is no soffice.bin process
  left over.

  But if I load myDocument.odt there is no change from my previous post
  (no documents visible but process remains running).

  Same thing happens if I use ".uno:CloseDoc"

  Using both CloseWin and CloseDoc crashes after closing background.odt

  Any more ideas?

  Thanks,
  Jan