Hi Gerry,

On 17.12.2010 01:18, Gerry's Hotmail wrote:
My name is Gerry Escobar and I am interested in donating some time in
building OpenIffice.

I consider myself probably not a novice but not an expert programmer either.
I have an old Borland C++ 3.1 compiler which I bought when I decided to
learn C++ programming.  It's been decades since I set aside my programming
skills.  After reading your website while trying to get a copy of OO today
and also now that I'm beginning to get more time in my hands to do some
other things, I thought perhaps I can get back into continuing my learning
of C++.  If you think you might be able to use me with my old C++ compiler,
I am willing to donate some time in building OO.  If not in the programming
area, perhaps in the testing side of things.

If you want to work on Windows, you will need to switch to the Microsoft C++ compiler. There is a cost-free version of it available ("Visual Studio Express").

If you want to help with QA, please get in touch with the QA guys at d...@qa.openoffice.org.

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS