Hello,

I have the latest JRE (1.6.24) installed on my machine.

I just updated to OpenOffice 3.3.0 (OOO330m20 (Build:9567)).  The update
installed JRE 1.6.22.

If I remove JRE 1.6.22, will OpenOffice still work?

Thanks,

Stuart Altman.

Here’s what I saw regarding old versions (from
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml)
*Should I remove older versions of Java?*

We highly recommend users remove all older versions of Java from your
system.
Keeping old and unsupported versions of Java on your system presents a
serious security risk.
Removing older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java
applications will run with the most up-to-date security and performance
improvements on your system.

 *How can I remove older versions of Java?*

You can safely remove older versions of Java from your system by following
the instructions on Java uninstallation instructions for
Windows<http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml>page.

 *Do I need older versions of Java?*

The latest available version is always compatible with the older versions.
However, some Java applications (or applets) can indicate that they are
dependent on a particular version, and may not run if you do not have that
version installed. If an application or web page you access requires an
older version of Java, you should report this to the provider/developer and
request that they update the application to be compatible with all Java
versions.