Hello all,

I have an idea for a very exciting new feature for OpenOffice.org, and I need
help from someone with experience programming with the OpenOffice.org API or
maybe even experience with the program's underlying design.

The feature I have in mind would need the following - could anyone please tell
me if it is possible to do this using the API, and if so, point me in the right
direction (I have read a lot of the documentation but found it very difficult
to understand)?:
The ability to hook a callback to the following events:
Whenever something is added to the undo history (with details of what the
action was that was added, preferably by supplying the action as an object) OR
whenever an action is performed which modifies the document (e.g. the Writer,
Calc, etc. document) - again, with details of what the action was.
Whenever the 'undo' function is called (with details of what will be or was
undone).
Whenever the 'redo' function is called (with details of what will be or was
redone).
The ability to save a full copy of the open document (Writer document,
spreadsheet, etc.) to a given path (not the path of the document - i.e. saving
a copy).
The ability to load a copy of a document into the existing window without
prompting the user (the previous copy would have been saved, so I guess OO.org
would not prompt for this), OR closing the current window and opening a new one
(this second option is not preferred).

What I did find that seems promising are the following links:
http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/api-dev-Attempt-for-an-UNO-Undo-API-td2954095.html
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/chart2/XUndoManager.html
http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/api-dev-info-CWS-undoapi-new-UNDO-API-td3207049.html

The second link looks particularly promising, but I am not clear on whether
this does what I am asking for (for example, why is it part of the 'chart2'
class - is that only to do with charts/graphics, or am I being mislead by the
name?)

The third link also looks very promising, but I cannot find the referenced
'css.document.XUndoManager' in any of the API documentation. Nor can I find
even 'css' or 'cws' in the API index, so this makes me think that maybe the
undo/redo API is defined but not created yet - anyone know this for sure?

Regards,
John Gillanders

New Zealand--