Hi Wanglei,

On 24.06.2011 04:04, wanglei wrote:
> hi, all. i found your email addresses on the wiki of openoffice
> documentation project, and now trying to get some help from you guys.
> i work for a mailing service provider, and right now i'm making a format
> converting tool, which can convert pdf doc[x] ppt[x] xls[x] to html, so
> that attachments in those formats could be viewed online, regardless of
> the user's envirenment. i can convert doc[x] and xls[x] to html now, but
> found some trouble with the ppt[x] and pdf. my code is like the
> following(based on the code found on the wiki and sdk examples). when
> converting ppt and pdf, there is always an error, but get no message
> information. the output would be like:
> [root@M5 CppBinding]# make clean; make ; make office_connect.run
> cd /root/unoout/openoffice.org3.1_sdk/LINUXexample.out/bin && office_connect
> Connected sucessfully to the office
> XComponentloader successfully instanciated
> xcomponent load ok
> XStorable successfully instanciated
> start to save file
> readonly:0
> haslocation:1
> found a error
> An error occurred:
> make: *** [office_connect.run] Error 1
> questions:
> 1.is this caused by chosing the wrong export filter type?
> 2.what filter type should i use to export html from ppt[x] and pdf?

For ppt(x) the recommended filter name is "impress_html_Export".
For pdf the it should be "draw_html_Export", as AFAIK pdf are imported
into Draw.

> 3.no import filter type is specified, but it worked with doc[x] and
> xls[x], is this ok? should i specify one anyway?

If it works, it's OK. :-)

> 4.and how can i make sure the file is of doc format? eg i change
> whatever a file's name into *.doc on purpose and use this tool to
> convert it to html, this surely will cause some problem, right? can i
> determine whether the file to be imported is of the specified format or
> what format is the file to be imported is of? how could i do this?
> *i know i asked a lot of questions, this might take you some time to
> answer, i'm very sorry to bother you guys, but i can not find another
> way to solve this problem. best wishes for you all, looking forward to
> your replies or please forward this mail to someone who can help.

You can check the document type after import. The component you receive
supports XServiceInfo with the method "supportsService". The service
names of the documents (like com.sun.star.text.TextDocument etc.) are
documented in the Developers Guide. So you can choose the HTML export
filter name depending on the type of the imported document.

Regards,
Mathias