Tom Hughes schreef:
> On 02/01/2008, Stefan de Konink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Tom Hughes schreef:

>>> That query should only lock the API for an hour or so at a guess.
>> In my setup:
>>
>> 89696.395 msec resulting in 10434 rows
>
> ...this would be a setup that has a name field in way_tags? unlike the
> actual live setup which doesn't?

Yup. Does the live setup store it as 'bla=bla'?

>> Yes, it isn't MySQL, don't worry, the machine has 8GB of memory and only
>> costed 390 euro. Would it be better if I provide a list of suggestions
>> and that this is applied to the database via the API or something faster?
>
> Huh? I thought that was a query you wanted to run on the live
> database? Which is a MySQL database...
>
> Tom (who is now very confused about what you are proposing)

1) I can make a query that just do what is supposed to do, suggest
changes on keys, you run it every night and have fun.

2) I can give a list of tri-pairs based on my database with the proposed
changes. You check if the specific pair is in the database, and update
it with the suggestion.

A spell checker doesn't need to run on an online database. My question
was if it was acceptable to run *such* a service, or that people have
objections to a system that automatically fix typo's.

Stefan