On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 03:02:15PM +0000, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> >What I could see working is something like this :
> >
> >we define a standard interpolation method that turns a set of point
> >into
> >a sucession of bezier curves. (for an example see
> >http://www.antigrain.com/research/bezier_interpolation/index.html)
> >I understand you have already implemented another on the fly
> >algorithm in mapnik, we could use that as well.
>
> mapnik is using AGG for rendering, so yes, this is exactly what I'm
> doing :)

Excellent. I'll try to get this working in merkaartor sometime next
week then. See what kind of experiments we can come up with.
Do you think we need the 'smoothness factor?' I'd like to try with
fixing it to '1' for now. The less complicated we make it, the
easier it will be to convince people and tool writers to support it?

> Or an opposite, people will be adding too many vertices in editors
> that are lacking support for bezier interpolation..

But then hopefully they'll also not be setting smooth=yes?

cu bart