Mario wrote:
> Hi Miles!
>
>> As info, if you decide to include some Inkscape integration on one of
>> the steps, you can expect to get a lot of help from the Inkscape team
>> (Inkscape has had 3-5 GSoC successful students every year and the
>> team gets quite involved).  80n will be an awesome guide for you on
>> this.
>
> I don't know if there is enough time to do this now, because I have
> time to submit the application until March 31... and I can't spend
> much time writing and reading emails until March 27 (I have an
> exam...) :(
>
> I can't manage to understand if you're proposing to collaborate with
> Inkscape community after sending the application to Google or to get
> in touch with them to submit a similar application or submit the
> application directly with them. But perhaps it's because I've slept 4
> hours this night (Formula 1, such an illness... ;)))

I really meant you can count on some help after your proposal is
accepted if you wanted to include a step that examined some integration
with Inkscape.

>> btw Inkscape has a wiki or blog page for students to blog about their
>> progress - I think this is a great idea for OSM and you might mention
>> about blogging your progress in your application.
> So I must mention in the application that I will write a blog/wiki
> about my progress in OSM wiki (is there an OSM blog?). I think it's a
> great idea, I'm really agree, and I would enjoy very much doing it!
> (as you might already seen, I'm just a little bit logorrhoeic :))
> The only issue I can see about this is that I'm not really sure about
> the flawlessness of my English :)) Not to mention that perhaps I
> should ask for someone to correct my application before submitting it
> to Google :)

There is no "must" - I only suggested it as something that is being done
on some other SoC projects and which you could mention in your
application and shows if accepted, you will be actively involved and
communicating - perhaps it will help your application.  And your English
is very good - do not  worry about it.

Most importantly, get a draft of your application done so you can submit
on time !