Tom Hughes wrote:

> Well RichardF apparently found it useful enough to knock up a
> kludgy solution on dev to do it for him...

What he said. :)

The reason I did said kludge is for a project in which a bunch of
primary schools are doing some mapping. NaviGPSs save their tracklogs
in NMEA, and it's by no means a given that your average primary
school ICT co-ordinator will a) know how to install gpsbabel, or b)
be allowed to install gpsbabel (the computers were probably set up
seven years ago with a restrictive access policy by a useless local
PC consultancy that has since reinvented itself as PHP-Sites-R-Us and
had a complete change of staff). And, frankly, nor should they have to.

cheers
Richard