I called the city of Portland today to inquire about using the maps on
partlandmaps.com as a visual reference for mapping, since the data is
public. In the course of my investigation I got the impression that raw GIS
data of the Portland Metropolitan area might be available from Metro (
http://www.metro-region.org/ ). I don't know if the data would come with any
cost, since it is public domain, but I don't have the law knowledge to find
out much more. I'd be happy to be a regional contact though. I also am not
tech savvy enough to actually do the import work if it works out.

If I could get some help that would be great.

Adam