Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens bvh
Verzonden: vrijdag 11 juli 2008 11:14
Aan: dev@openstreetmap.org
Onderwerp: [OSM-dev] Hosting documentation for OSM related projects

Hi,

The current 'documentation' for merkaartor is just some bunch of static
html files that I host on my personal website. As a result it is
badly lacking. Sven Lanke approached me with the idea to keep the
documentation inside subversion, which then gets checked out on the
web server so that it is easier for people to make corrections
and additions.

I personally like the idea very much, but while we are changing things
it might make sense to move the merkaartor documentation (or even
complete homepage) over to the openstreetmap website, since the
whole reason of being for merkaartor is OSM.

I understand there is a high burder of work on the system administrators
of OSM so if this is considered a task they would rather not take on
I fully appreciate that! But if it would be possible to have the
some kind of site edited through svn and then hosted as a static
checkout on openstreetmap, then I am very interested.

Please let me know what you think, so that I at least can get the
ball rolling on my personal website if this is currently not deemed
reasonable on OSM for whatever reason.

cu bart