Hi.

I have written a utility named scabies to load data from osm files into
a mysql database. See

http://www.heute-morgen.de/scabies/

Usage is rather straightforward, but you need lots of disk space.
scabies_parse.pl parses the osm file and creates files that are then
loaded by scabies_load.sql with LOAD DATA INFILE. The current version
only loads the current_* tables, but its easy to extend. It is early
beta.

The motivation for this was that osmosis is too slow with the InnoDb
tables. Checking what osmosis does I found no way to incrementally
improve it. Loading data can probably not be done much better as long as
INSERTs are used.

Sincerely,
Joachim