Shaun McDonald writes:
 > One option might be to manually make one and use one of the
 > development test servers at
 > http://apis.dev.openstreetmap.org to test it.
 >
 > (Yes it will mean messing with XML manually).

This sounds like the best way to test it.  Unfortunately, I don't know
how to do what you suggest.  Could you go into more detail, or else
just set it up yourself?

Is it sufficient to simply pick a node out of a way and then delete it
manually by calling the API directly?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Delegislation is a slippery
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | slope to prosperity.