Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> Now how does this thing actually go?
>> ---> add tags to existing way
>> ---> add nodes to existing way
>> ---> create way in mysql
>
> Right, now we're getting somewhere, now you're talking in specifics. What
> I'm still struggling with is correlating what you're describing here with
> anything that actually happens. Could you point to lines in the source which
> correspond to these "actual" stages, please?

I cannot because this is my 'backtrace' of the event that is the most
plausible in my head and a scenario that fits the events perfectly. Also
shows why the diffs would be ignored.

If you can agree that this tag/nds out of order thing could be the main
reason for these strange inserts, I am happy to help you search for the
source that reflects this.

For some reason I think that the actual API call to update a way (hence:
new timestamp/user) *is* done first from a code perspective, but is not
finished when the request is done for current tables vs history tables.
If you say 'but i create an xml and PUT it too' /way/<id> like anything
else, then that is very interesting situation and you maybe right we are
looking for the wrong editor.

Stefan