El Lunes, 9 de Febrero de 2009, Matt Amos escribió:
> > API 0.6 supports uploading OsmChange files, with the additional
> > requirement that each node/way/relation contained in the change file be
> > given an extra "changeset" attribute.
>
> at some point in the future it might be worth taking the changeset ID
> out of the element parsers and putting it into the controller. whether
> we want to make the change while 0.6 is so close to release, i'll
> leave for others to discuss ;-)

I'd support doing so. It seems sensible, and the whole point of diff uploads
is to save as much overhead as possible.

> you're right, maybe we shouldn't have tried to re-use a server-to-server
> sync format for client-to-server communications, [...] do we really want
> YAOCF (yet another OSM change format) when there are already three?

The specification of most OSM formats is a wiki page about three pages long.
The specification of most "professional" GIS formats are 400-page-long PDFs.

I'd be really fine implementing YAOCF.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.6-3 generating this signature.
Uptime: 13:20:50 up 3 days, 21:07,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.26, 0.46