Grant Slater wrote:
> 32GB ECC (max 128GB)
> 2x 73GB SAS 15k
> 10x 450GB SAS 15k (expensive, but stupidly low latency)
> IPMI + KVM

Maybe a stupid question; but is your database server able to exploit the
above configuration? Especially related to your processor choice.

Now it is nice you put 32GB (extra expensive) memory in there, but most
likely your hot performance would be far better with more (cheap) memory
than more disks. At the time I wrote my paper on OSM Dec2008, there was
about 72GB of CSV data. Thus with lets say 128GB you will have your
entire database *IN MEMORY* no fast disks required.

...or are you actually moving from OS to Solaris to utilize those 10
disks for your lets say less than 100G worth of geodata using them as
duplicates in the pool [opposed to integrity duplicates]?

Stefan