On 13/03/2009, rajan vaish <vaish.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Rajan,a CS major from India.I interned online for One Laptop per Child
> creating a Geography teaching tool using GeoRSS,MapServer and OpenLayers in
> summer'08. I am really looking forward to participate and work for OSM this
> year and there are few things of my interest on which I would like to work
> .. 2 of which have already been posted .
> 1-OSM for visually impaired (HTML header tags as per W3C guidelines can be
> done and source-destination pair can be set,which result in
> direction,something like MapQuest by AOL such that its very supportive to
> Screen Readers like JAWS --- I am currently working on a research based
> analysis of an Email client for visually impaired for ASSETS'09 mentored by
> a Researcher from IBM ).

This'd be good, afaik, nobody in the OSM community has yet done
something like this.

> 2-JOSM History Support .

Has been lacking for several years now, visualisation of historical
data is something that the project severly lacks.

> 3-OSM/Slippy maps with Markers (i.e A window opens on clicking a particular
> spot with more information - something implemented on OpenLayers using
> GeoRSS and very common on Google maps ) .

Very easily done with OpenLayers, so much existing work exists that
it'd be pointless to do a GSoC on this.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood