2009/3/29 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>:
> I wonder if it was possible to link the "EDIT" button on the main
> website to a page (or AJAX) with checkbox-choice for the editor:
> Potlatch, JOSM (and any other Editor offering a
> "remote-call-function"). This would underline the possibility of
> alternative editors to newbies as well as offering comodity to
> JOSM-users. It would also point out, that Potlatch is not "more
> recommended" than JOSM. And it would maybe prevent some problems
> connected to Potlatch-Edits (inconsistent and erratous data like
> multiple nodes and deleted ways that still appear in Potlatch (in
> general errors as result of not using API), insufficient zoom).

Patches welcome.
As far as I'm concerned there's no problem with that as long as the
page doesn't try to confuse the user. ie: make sure it has default to
potlatch (works in the browser), and big friendly "I don't care, give
me an editor" buttons. Oh, and a "please don't ask me about this ever
again" button.

And can you point me to the trac bug reports for these potlatch
problems you mention?
I'm not currently aware of any problems introduced by the AMF API
specifically, just a couple of errors due to the general lack of
transactions.

Dave