On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 12:48 +0000, ahmed soua wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I would like to make my own my own Open Street Map server in local .
> So I have followed the tutorial " Make your first map | Weait.com" .
>  But my problem Is how to Import a planet file into a local MySQL
> database knowing that I have the following files :

Dear Soua,

If you want to run a local version of OSM you should look at this page
on the wiki.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/The_Rails_Port

Once you have your local rails port running you can import this file

> tunisia.osm.bz2

or from a current planet file to populate your local API.

Be aware that the real API will be updated from v0.5 to v0.6 very soon.

Best regards,
Richard.