Hello,

  we are working on fixing things after one automated import that
covered a large part of Russia. The import created many nodes,
that describe villages and hamlets. It had two problems:

1) Many nodes where imported twice.
2) All names where incorrectly prefixed.

I have created a fixed version of database dump, and with help of
osmosis created and OsmChange file.

I have tried to upload it using python script:

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/bulk_upload_06/

The script reported about several commits (more than a dozen), and
returned no errors.

However, it appeared that only <modify> sections of the OsmChange
file were processed. All <delete> section were not.

Here is the OsmChange itself:

http://glebius.int.ru/tmp/delta.osc

Can anyone competent in this area review it and explain where is
the problem?

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEB-RIPE