2009/9/8 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:

> I think you misunderstood me, I'm not talking about t...@h, I'm talking
> about the ability to have multiple tile servers/web front ends in
> multiple data centres so people can actually use OSM maps to embed
> them in websites etc and not worry about 2 day outages.

True sorry. Tile going down was unfortunate, but there was a plan to keep
serving but it did not work out. I had too many balls and I dropped
one, the rest of the weekend went well.

We also get slightly more OSM operated hardware outside UCL soon. Any
friendly large hosts out there that can offer us some well bandwidth
fed hardware/rack space? Maybe a university in North America?

/ Grant