On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Claudius Henrichs <claudius.h at gmx.de>
wrote:
> I've set up a wiki page [1] with some impressive routing results on OSM
> data compared to Google. For example we can already route from Teheran,
> Iran to Lisbon, Portugal and to New Delhi, India. Or you can hail a cab
> in Mexico City and tell the driver to take you to Anchorage, Alaska.
> Feel free to add your favorite route as well. Once people can route all
> the way from London to Singapore that'll be something for the image of
> the week.
>
> Claudius
>

> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Routing/Taxi_to

Great showcase of the power of the routing engine and the usefullness
of OSM (over Google).

I've added a route from Fisterra (Portugal) to the easternmost point in
Russia I found that was routable: Komsomolsk-on-Amur. There is still 43
degrees to go to the dateline, but those roads are not well connected.

As it is, it's still a route of 14,235 km, covering 148 degrees of longitude.

Regards,
Maarten