David,

David MENTRE wrote:
> But we are working on world support. The change of scale (75 GiB of
> database, 9h to import a daily diff) has a bit surprised us. We are
> discovering that the OSM world is huge! ;-)

A daily diff should be doable in 3-4 hours on standard hardware. Maybe
you can use some information from this thread:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2009-September/016824.html

Is Sylvain Letuffe involved in your project? I believe he might have
some experience that could be useful to you.

If you find you cannot handle the whole planet, you could have a go at
Europe (or in fact the "non-US planet") first, that gives you 80% less data.

Bye
Frederik