On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no OSM information in wikitravel
> or wikitravel links in OSM.

I'm glade to read this discussion. Recently, a long thread on the main
list was talking about putting wikipedia URL's in OSM and even one bot
started to do it automatically for a country.
I posted to that thread to say how it is a bad practice to add url's
in osm objects and that other applications should point to OSM and not
the other way. But I felt a bit alone defending this position.
It 's clear that an API returning an object ID based on the lat/lon
(with a small marging) and a tag would be helpful for other
applications who be helpful. The question is if it has to be done
within OSM serveurs or not.
Pieren