On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Brett Henderson wrote:
>
>> If you use the latest SVN version it will detect if multiple versions of
>> an entity exist and throw an error in the --apply-change task.  I'll try to
>> do another official release of Osmosis over the next day or two with this
>> change included.
>>

> Just for laughs - and wonder if you can come up with something better? -
> this is what I did to remove the duplicate objects from an existing OSM file
> named "faulty.osm":
>
> echo "<osm></osm>" > empty.osm
>
> osmosis --rx faulty.osm --rx empty.osm --dc --sort-change-0.6 --simc --wxc
> good.osc
>
> osmosis --rxc good.osc --rx empty.osm --ac --wx good.osm
>
> (The two osmosis steps could be written as one but that would probably make
> it more confusing.)

I was wondering how you fixed it.  That's neat.  Do you need the
--sort-change-0.6?  You probably do, but I don't know what order you end up
with using --apply-change with full history diffs.

Perhaps I should create a --read-zero task.  An empty osm file is often
handy.  It would avoid having to create empty.osm files like that.

Brett