Jonas Gabriel wrote:

> Every person creates  personal routes based on his knowledge of his
> living area.For example Mr John Doe uses RouteX to get from LocationA
> to LocationB because between 15:00 and 21:00 traffic is low. This kind
> of routes could be uploaded at OpenStreetMap and piece-by-piece create
> an "alternative routing graph forest"  (probably by using a tagging
> system) based on social contribution. Then a service could produce
> routes by using members of this "alternative routing graph forest"
> connected by a traditional routing service such as
> OpenRouteService.org <http://www.openrouteservice.org/>.
>
> An example: Let say Jane Does wants to go from LocationA to LocationD
> at 16:00. The system could instruct her to follow John Doe's RouteX
> from LocationA to LocationB, then use OpenRouteService.org to go from
> LocationB to LocationC and finaly use John Smith's RouteZ from
> LocationC to LocationD.
My main concern would be the loading of personal and arbitrary routes
into OSM.  OSM routes tend to be verifiable routes that are marked 'on
the ground', such as a bus route (from the route numbers on bus stops)
or a cycle route (from the signs that show the way).  They are there to
help people find it again. "Bill's route to work" does not fit this style.

If you load the routes elsewhere and use OSM as the background it might
be interesting, and I can see that it might produce a powerful routing
engine based on local knowledge and time-based traffic patterns, if you
can get enough people to contribute.

Cheers, Chris