It sounds like your problem was with the osm2pgsql style, as someone else
has said.
One other thing to watch is that there are a couple of tags excluded by
osm2pgsql even if they are in the style file.   From memory I think they are
source= and note=.
That caught me out a couple of weeks ago when I was rendering based on the
source tag - had to modify the osm2pgsql code to get it to work.

Graham

On Aug 18, 2010 4:52 PM, "Peter Körner" <osm-li...@mazdermind.de> wrote:

Am 18.08.2010 15:48, schrieb Ákos Maróy:

> > thus, it seems my custom tag of aviation_area=danger is omitted in the >
import.
First, there's in normal use cases no need to query planet_osm_ways,
planet_osm_nodes and planet_osm_rels -- they're for internal use by
osm2pgsql's slim mode.

Use planet_osm_line, planet_osm_polygon and planet_osm_point, these are the
tables that the mapnik style uses.

Next, osm2pgsql will throw any tags away that aren't listed in the style
file. The default style file looks like [1]. For your case it would be the
easiest way to add the columns needed for your style to this file and
specify it on the osm2pgsql command line.

>> To add your own rendering rules, look at the osm.xml after running >>
generate_xml.py. It inclu...
See above.

> is there something special I have to do for the process to take my >
custom tag into account?
Yes, see above.

Peter

[1] <