On 27 August 2010 16:19, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> IMHO you shouldn't do this.
>> Why?
>
> because thereby you are flagging them as automated edits which they aren't.

Perhaps fixbot is highly automated but other than that the "bots" that
run on OSM are hardly ever fully automated, in my experience there's
always some (or a lot of) manual work to do before upload.  So the
question is how a bot edit is defined, is it an edit that doesn't
bring in new data, just amends what is already in OSM?  Or (what I
actually wanted to propose, but expressed it wrongly) let's use the
flag as meaning "uninteresting" or "likely not the edit you're looking
for".  This is the same function that "this is a minor edit" on
wikipedia has.

Cheers