On 22/09/2010 11:10, Sam Wilson wrote:
Unfortunately, this all has to work offline, so Potlatch can't help me. But really, that idea of limiting an editor to a specific set of tags (etc.) seems great; anyone know if one of the offline editors would lend itself to that sort of thing?

As with JOSM, Merkaartor can take custom tag templates, which make entering data for specific tags easier, and they appear above the free-form tag entry fields. Merkaartor also allows you to customise the map rendering from within the application (no file editing). However, it does need installing, as opposed to JOSM's drop-in operation.

If you're interested in trying Merkaartor, I can come up with a couple of simple examples, or pop into the Merkaartor mailing list.

Jonathan