Am 28.09.2010 16:58, schrieb Samir Faci (Dev):
When I tried to use render_list to regenerate all the usual tiles
(that I care about 0-13).

It gets to up to lvl 10 then almost dies.  When I tried to run just
level 10 it dies almost immediately.
renderd is not able to handle such big queues. In our tests it started to die at 1000 metatiles in queue. z0-13 for the whole planet are 21848 metatiles, z0-13 would be 1398104 metatiles -- so much more than renderd can handle.

We used tirex instead and it's rendering queues of 25000 tiles and more in the background while still handling live traffic.

Peter