Thanks for contributing :) really gives stimulance to work more on it. Currently sitting on a couch at the Mentor Summit at Google. Some other patches came in as well,so i'll try to integrate everything after the show here :)

Totally offtopic: everyone check out the MetaWritter GSoC project of Mapnik ;)

STefan