On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:21:56 +0100, "Marc Schütz" <schue...@gmx.net>
wrote:
> (re-added CC to list)
>
>> Thanks for the interesting discussion. I know it's a astonishingly
>> borderless topic (see [1]).
>> What I still have in mind is to be able to produce a map with local
>> names (i.e. for preserving cultural heritage).
>>
>> So I think it's time to summarize:
>>
>> * As far as I understand, I have to take loc_name (like
>> <loc_name:gsw="Züri">) besides of course <name="Zürich">.
>
> As I said, I disagree with this interpretation. In my opinion the
> correct tagging for Zürich would be:
>
> name=Zürich
> name:gsw=Züri

Compare with the Dutch carnaval map. During carnaval every
self-respecting town that does carnaval has a different name. This is
tagged as name:carnaval.
It really doesn't matter what name you come up with, as long as it's
unique and fairly descriptive and preferably obeying international
guidelines on this point.

Regards,
Maarten