On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:08:41AM -0600, Scott Crosby wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Scott Crosby <sc...@sacrosby.com> wrote:
> > Yes. That is an osmosis bug. That header block is required.
>
> I would like to clarify this slightly. There must be an OSMHeader
> block before the first OSMData block, however, the OSMHeader block
> does not have to be the first block in the file. Also, parsers should
> ignore fileblocks types that they do not understand.

Hm. I see I have some more coding to do then... :-)

I am pretty happy at the moment though. My code that generates all the
statistics for Taginfo (http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de) runs in about 2.5
hours for the whole planet, thats less than half the time it needed when
it was using the XML file format. PBF rocks!

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298