Hi,

Stephan Knauss wrote:
What is the best way to delete metatiles in a given bounding box and zoom?
I'm using mod_tile and tirex.

In case it's not existing: Should it be added to tirex-batch? I like the filers and stuff tirex-batch already have. Even when I not need it, it could prove usefull for others.

Maybe we should start some sort of general metatile utility, or collection of utilities. Tirex already has at least one such thing, a metatile viewer, that has nothing to do with Tirex itself - it is useful for everyone working with metatiles, as would your tool.

The way I see it, the concept of metatiles is a general concept used by (currently) at least three different components - mod_tile, renderd, and Tirex. Ideally of course there would be a library that does all the metatile stuff (computing paths and so on) used by everyone, but that's maybe too hard because it would have to be usable from so many different places.

I would be interested to hear Jon's opinion about this.

Bye
Frederik