On 23-1-2011 17:44, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 23/01/11 16:24, Erik Burrows wrote:

I was having great difficulty with applying the daily diffs to my
PostgreSQL database (8.4 and 9.0). I would get good performance right
[...]
I wonder if in fact this is the performance problem that we saw using an
8.4 database. The general consensus was that it was somehow related to
the GIN indexes but we never managed to work out exactly what it was.

Erik mentions encountering the same issue in 9.0. So either fastupdate=on is more intelligent in 9.0, or we're not on the right track to solve our 8.4 slowdown troubles.

--
Lennard