Hi Ian,
I have added a couple of ideas - not much detail but they are relatively
simple - both targeted towards making it easier for non-programmers to make
maps using mapnik.   One is a stylesheet generation tool, and the other a
system to package the toolchain to run mapnik on a number of operating
systems.

Regards

Graham.

On 10 March 2011 19:38, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> As admin for OSM's application to Google's Summer of Code this year, I'd
> like to remind everyone that we're looking for some project ideas for
> students to work on here on the wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2011. The
> application deadline is roughly 24 hours away and we only have 2 ideas
> listed so far.
>
> All OSM-related projects are welcome to add project ideas. Any editors,
> tools, or libraries related to OSM should feel free to throw their ideas on
> this page so we can have a well-rounded list. Google uses this ideas page as
> part of the application process, so we should show them the diverse set of
> ideas our community has.
>
> Please feel free to pass this on to other mailing lists!
>
> -Ian

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.